HALES CORNERS (WKOW) – Greater than a dozen folks and their pets have been rescued from an residence advanced within the Milwaukee space that caught fireplace early Friday morning. However the fireplace brigade was additionally in a position to save one thing.
The flames destroyed eight flats in Hales Corners and nearly the whole lot in them … apart from a marriage gown.
Firefighters found the gown and gave it to a neighbor. She gave it again to the bride, who was overwhelmed with emotion.
“That was a younger couple who needed to get married in April and postponed it due to COVID after which received married,” mentioned fireplace division chief Peter Jaskulski. “They did not have an enormous ceremony however they received married in a smaller ceremony and so they hadn’t made up their minds what to do. I mentioned it’s important to get it dry cleaned. She had tears in her eyes, she mentioned somebody did it … supplied to care for it. “
The bride was truly the one who set off the fireplace alarm.
No person was injured within the fireplace.
Group donations have been poured in to assist the 15 people who find themselves now homeless.